Home Wi-Fi Import
The feature is currently only available on iOS devices.
Setting a ‘Home Wi-Fi’ will allow you to import photos and videos to your phone automatically — whenever you’re connected to a trusted Wi-Fi, and your Spectacles are nearby in their Charging Case.
To use this feature, Spectacles must be paired and connected to your phone, and your phone must be connected to your intended ‘Home Wi-Fi’ network before setup.
Here’s how to set up Home Wi-Fi Import:
- Open Snapchat and swipe up to Memories.
- Tap the Spectacles button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on your Spectacles under the ‘MY SPECTACLES’ section.
- Tap ‘Home Wi-Fi Import’ under the ‘IMPORTING’ section.
- Tap on your Wi-Fi network under the ‘MY NETWORKS’ section.
- You should see the ‘Home Wi-Fi Setup Complete!’ message if everything’s good to go.
Home Wi-Fi Import is currently only compatible with the following types of Wi-Fi security:
- Open (Personal, No Security)
- WPA Personal (AES, TKIP)
- WPA2 Personal (AES, TKIP)
Other open Wi-Fi networks, such as those found in public areas (airports, hotels, restaurants, etc.), usually won’t be compatible. In some cases, setup may be possible on these networks, but Snaps still may not be able to import. Please only connect to private Wi-Fi networks you trust.
To find out what type of security is enabled on your home Wi-Fi network, please reach out to your internet service provider.
You can add up to 5 trusted Wi-Fi networks to the ‘MY NETWORKS’ section of Home Wi-Fi Import. To remove a Wi-Fi network from your list of trusted networks, just tap the ‘X’ next to the name of the Wi-Fi.
3D photo and videos can take a bit longer to import — keep in mind you may need to allow a little extra time for these to upload and back up in Memories.