You can edit Snaps you captured with Spectacles with Snapchat’s selection of Creative Tools.
Here’s a quick list of creative tools you can use to edit a Snap:
- Text: Add a caption or two for context
- Doodle: Draw right on top of photos and videos
- Stickers: Add emojis, Bitmoji, GIFs, and more
- Scissors: Create your own stickers from almost anything
- Web Attachments: Add a URL to your Snap
- Timer: Choose how long you want your friend to view a Snap, from 1-10 seconds or ∞
- Loop: choose whether you’d like a video to play once or on loop
- Voice Filters: Change your voice or mute the Snap altogether
- Geofilters: You can add artwork based on your location — though it’ll be based on where your Spectacles are when they import the Snap to your phone, not where they are when capturing a Snap itself
Here’s how to edit and send a Snap:
- 1) Tap on the Day Story the Snap is in.
- 2) Press and hold on the thumbnail of the Snap you wish to edit.
- 3) Tap ‘Edit Snap’.
- 4) Tap the button when you’re done to share it on Snapchat! You can send it to Friends and Groups, or add it to My Story or Our Story.
Although Spectacles capture Snaps in HD, some Snaps may lose their HD quality when added to My Story or Our Story. This is done to make it quicker and save data, since it can take a while to upload them in full HD.
Note: Edits can be saved or discarded — but once you save them, you can’t undo those edits!