Spectacles can only import Snaps to the Snapchat account they’re paired with. Snaps will import into the ‘SNAPS’ tab in Memories. The import process can look a little different, depending on your phone and operating system.
Before importing Snaps from Spectacles, be sure to:
- Make sure that your Spectacles have more than 10% battery life.
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Have your Spectacles close to your phone.
iOS: Open Snapchat, swipe up to Memories, and tap on the ‘SNAPS’ tab. You should see circular thumbnails of your most recent Snaps available for import. Tap the ‘Import’ button on the right of those thumbnails to start importing your Snaps!
- If you’re using iOS 11, you’ll be asked to join the Spectacles’ Wi-Fi within Snapchat. Tap ‘Join’ to connect to Spectacles’ Wi-Fi and start importing.
- If you’re using iOS 10, you’ll need to follow the instructions on-screen to connect to Spectacles’ Wi-Fi.
- 1) Exit the Snapchat app and go to your device’s settings.
- 2) Tap on ‘Wi-Fi’ and connect to Spectacles’ Wi-Fi.
- 3) Reopen Snapchat, and swipe up to go to Memories to see your import progress.
Android: Wi-Fi Direct lets you import Snaps automatically without needing to open Snapchat. If you’d like to see your import process, simply open Snapchat, swipe up to go to Memories, and tap on the ‘SNAPS’ tab.
Snaps will import and automatically sort themselves based on when they were taken, starting with your most recent Snaps.
Automatically Import to Both Memories & Camera Roll
You can also automatically import Snaps to both your Memories and your Camera Roll. Here’s how:
- Swipe up to open Memories
- Tap on the Spectacles icon in the top-right
- Tap on your Spectacles under ‘MY SPECTACLES’
- Tap on ‘Save To…’ under ‘IMPORTING’
- Select ‘Memories & Camera Roll’
If you have an iOS device, you’ll still need to swipe up to Memories and tap ‘Import’ under the ‘SNAPS’ tab. If you have an Android, you’ll still be able to import automatically if you’ve enabled it.
Not seeing any Snaps available for import?
Spectacles can only be paired to one Snapchat account at a time. To avoid any potential importing issues, read more about Sharing Spectacles.