With Spectacles 3, you can now use “Blink Notifications” — a new feature that can make a small LED inside the frame light up when a friend reaches out to you, like with a Snap or a Chat. With Blink Notifications, you can spend less time checking the screen in your pocket, and more time taking in the world around you.
Here’s how to enable Blink Notifications:
- Open Snapchat and swipe up to Memories.
- Tap the Spectacles button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on your Spectacles under the ‘MY SPECTACLES’ section.
- Tap ‘Notifications’ under the ‘DEVICE SETTINGS’ section.
- Toggle the ‘Enable’ switch to turn them on.
- Follow the instructions on screen!
While you follow these instructions, you should be prompted to connect Spectacles to Bluetooth once again. Spectacles 3 uses different kinds of Bluetooth to connect to your phone. You should see two different Spectacles connections in your Bluetooth Device List once this is all set up.
Once Blink Notifications have been enabled, you can customize the color of them! Tap ‘Indication Color’ and choose between the following colors:
You can also personalize Blink Notifications so that they’ll only appear when select friends send you a Snap or Chat! Here’s how:
- In your Spectacles Settings, tap on the Spectacles you’d like to configure Blink Notifications for.
- Tap on ‘Only these Friends…’ under the ‘WHO DO I SEE NOTIFICATIONS FROM?’ section.
- Tap on the friends you’d like to receive notifications from. (You can scroll through a list or type their name into a search bar to find them.)
- Tap ‘Done’ when you’re good to go!