To update your Spectacles Settings, just open your settings on Snapchat and tap the ‘Spectacles’ section.
Once you’ve paired Spectacles 3 to your Snapchat account, you should see the following sections:
- MY SPECTACLES
- WANT A PAIR OF SPECTACLES? 😎
Under the ‘MY SPECTACLES’ section, you should have a list of Spectacles that are…
- Paired and actively connected
- Paired, but are not actively connected
You can have 10 Spectacles paired to your phone, but only one pair of Spectacles can be actively connected at a time. You can tap ‘CONNECT’ on any of the Spectacles on this list to connect them to your phone. Spectacles must be within range of your phone to connect.
To view your settings for an individual pair of Spectacles, just tap on their name on this list — you’ll open up a new page of specific settings just for that pair.
Keep in mind: Spectacles 3 may have a few different options in their settings tab compared to First-Generation Spectacles and Spectacles 2 (Nico, Veronica, Original).
If you open individual settings for your Spectacles 3, you’ll be able to...
- Rename Spectacles (see below)
- Check for software updates
- Configure Home Wi-Fi Import
- Enable Notifications
- Enable Location data
- Clear Spectacles Storage
- Restart Spectacles
- Unpair and Forget Spectacles
To rename your Spectacles, simply tap on the ✎ symbol next to their current name. This is how your Spectacles will now appear in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings. The emoji shown before your Spectacles’ name is permanent, however.
At the bottom of the ‘MY SPECTACLES’ section, you should see the ‘PAIR NEW DEVICE’ tab. Tapping this will take you to the Pairing Screen, where you’ll be able to pair a new set of Spectacles.
Under the ‘RESOURCES’ section, you should see the following:
- ‘Need Help?’: This will launch an in-app browser directly to the Spectacles Support homepage
- ‘Getting Started’: This will launch the video shown after you pair Spectacles to your phone, that gives you a quick rundown on how to use them
- ‘Regulatory’: This will launch an in-app browser directly to the ‘Compatibility & Attribution’ section of Spectacles Support
WANT A PAIR OF SPECTACLES? 😎
Under the ‘WANT A PAIR OF SPECTACLES? 😎’ section, you should see the following:
- ‘Shop’: This will launch an in-app shopping experience, where you can purchase Spectacles 3 and Spectacles 2 (Nico, Veronica, Original). Purchases made from this section will be available for review in the ‘Payments’ tab in your Snapchat Settings.