Editing & Sending Snaps
You can edit Snaps you captured with Spectacles with Snapchat’s suite of Creative Tools.
Here’s a quick list of creative tools you can use to edit a Snap:
- Text: Add a caption or two for context
- Doodle: Draw right on top of photos and videos
- Stickers: Add emojis, Bitmoji, GIFs, and more
- Scissors: Create your own stickers from almost anything
- Web Attachments: Add a URL to your Snap
- Timer: Choose how long you want your friend to view a Snap, from 1-10 seconds or ♾️
- Loop: choose whether you’d like a video to play on loop or just once
- Voice Filters: Change your voice or mute the Snap altogether
- Filters: You can add artwork based on your location — though it’ll be based on where your Spectacles are when they import the Snap to your phone, not where they are when capturing a Snap itself
Here’s how to edit and send a Snap:
- Go to the ‘SNAPS’ tab in Memories.
- Press and hold on the thumbnail of the Snap you’d like to edit.
- Tap ‘Edit Snap’ and personalize your Snap with your favorite creative tools.
- When it’s good to go, tap the button to share it on Snapchat! You can send it to Friends and Groups, add it to My Story, or submit it to Our Story.
Although Spectacles capture Snaps in HD, some Snaps may be added to My Story or Our Story in slightly lower quality to save you uploading time and cellular data.
Note: Edits you make to a Snap can be saved or discarded — but once you save them, you can’t undo those edits!