Our latest Spectacles (Onyx, Ruby, Sapphire) can hold up to 150 video Snaps or 3,000 photo Snaps at a time. Try to import Snaps as often as you can to avoid running out of storage space on your Spectacles! After Snaps are imported into Memories and backed up by Snapchat, Spectacles’ storage will clear them to make space for new Snaps.
If your Spectacles are out of storage space, then the LED on the inside will blink red when you try to take a Snap. A red LED means there’s an issue with your Spectacles that’s not letting you capture a Snap. Take your Spectacles off, face them towards you, and press the button again.
- If you see five LEDs light up, this means your Spectacles are out of storage space. Import your Snaps as soon as you’re able so you won’t miss out on capturing the perfect moment.
- If you don’t see the five LEDs, this may mean there’s an error. Learn more about Spectacles LED Messages.
If you’d rather not import and backup existing Snaps, you can clear your Spectacles’ storage in Settings.
Here’s how to clear Spectacles storage:
- Swipe up to Memories in Snapchat and tap on the Spectacles icon.
- Tap on your Spectacles under the ‘MY SPECTACLES’ section.
- Tap ‘Clear Spectacles Storage’ under the ‘ACTIONS’ section.
- You’ll be asked to confirm. Keep in mind that you can’t undo this once cleared!
Note: After Snaps are imported into Memories and backed up by Snapchat, Spectacles’ storage will clear them to make space for new Snaps by default.