Next Generation Spectacles LED Messages
Our new Spectacles are equipped with inner and outer LEDs. The patterns and colors they display tell you what your Spectacles are doing, or how they are doing!
In most instances the inner and outer LEDs work in tandem, so whether you’re wearing your new Spectacles or not you’ll still know what’s going on. Full details are towards the bottom of this guide, and there’s a summary just below.
The outer LEDs can…..
- Let others know when you’re taking photos or videos.
- Display Spectacles’ charge level.
- Let you know Spectacles’ software is updating.
- Let you know when your Spectacles are pairing to a phone.
- Confirm a reset is in progress and completed
The inner LEDs can….
- Let you know when you’ve taken a photo.
- Let you know when your recording is about to end, and confirm it has been extended
- Confirm a successful push from Lens Studio
- Let you know when Spectacles are pairing to a phone.
- Let you know when Spectacles’ battery is low.
- Let you know Spectacles’ software is updating.Alert you of an error with Spectacles (see below for more details).
In addition to this, the Charging Case also has LEDs that can…..
- Let you know the available charges in the case
- Confirm the case is charging
- Let you know if there’s an error with the case
If you’re not seeing any LEDs on Spectacles, place them in their Charging Case for at least an hour. Still not seeing any LEDs light up on your Spectacles, try restarting them.
If your Spectacles are still unresponsive after trying all of these methods, please get in touch so the team can help you further.
Pairing your new Spectacles
Updating your new Spectacles software
Capturing a Photo
Extending the capture length of a video
Factory Reset: these animations will play when you've held both buttons for 30 seconds. If you release both buttons at this point then the Factory Reset Confirmation animation will play.
Factory Reset Confirmation
Lens pushed to Spectacles confirmation
Thermal Error: shown when the temperature of your new Spectacles is out of the operational range
Error Unavailable: this LED pattern will normally be displayed with an on-display message as well. It could be related to storage being full, or capture being unavailable due to a low battery, or simply that your new Spectacles are still booting and require some time before the requested action can be completed.
Battery Check: when not worn you can tap either side of your new Spectacles to receive a battery level notification. The wider the outer LED pulses, the higher the charge.
Charging Case Battery Life Check: the charging case holds up to four Spectacles charges, each LED lit after the button on the charging case is pressed indicates an available charge (the animation below shows two charges available in the case).
Battery Charging: when plugged in and charging the charging case will pulse with the current charge level it is working on. In the animation below the third charge is being worked on, there are two complete charges already.
Thermal Error: this will occur when the charging case is outside it's thermal operational range