Updating your Next Generation Spectacles
Your next generation Spectacles use Snapchat to update their built-in software. You’ll be notified when a new update is available!
Before you update…..
- Make sure your next generation Spectacles are fully charged
- That they are turned on and in the charging case or being directly charged
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi. Updates can occur through your phone’s cellular data plan, but the update file size may vary so we’d recommend Wi-Fi
Software updates can take several minutes to complete. Be sure to update only whenever you have enough time. We suggest manually updating right before you go to bed or before you start a new project with your next generation Spectacles!
Updating Next Generation Spectacles Software
To update, just follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Spectacles’
- Select the Spectacles you are connected to in ‘My Spectacles'
- Select ‘Spectacles Update Available’ - If you don’t see this, you are already up to date!
- Select ‘Update’ when prompted
The internal LEDs will flash purple to show the update is in progress.
After updating you’ll need to complete a Factory Reset or Power Cycle and then re-pair your Spectacles. Then you’re good to go on the latest software!