Editing, Sending, and Saving 3D Snaps
You can edit Snaps you captured with Spectacles with Snapchat’s suite of Creative Tools.
Here’s a quick list of Creative Tools you can use to edit a Snap:
- Text: Add a caption or two for context
- Doodle: Draw right on top of photos and videos
- Stickers: Add emojis, Bitmoji, GIFs, and more
- Scissors: Create your own stickers from almost anything
- Web Attachments: Add a URL to your Snap
- Timer: Choose how long you want your friend to view a Snap, from 1-10 seconds or ♾️
- Loop: Choose whether you’d like a video to play on loop or just once
- Voice Filters: Change your voice or mute the Snap altogether
- Filters: Mix in artwork based on your location — though you’ll need to enable Location Data
- 3D Effects: Add new lighting, landscapes, and other magical effects to an entire scene with a swipe
Here’s how to edit and send a Snap:
- Go to the ‘SNAPS’ tab in Memories.
- Press and hold on the thumbnail of the Snap you’d like to edit.
- Tap ‘Edit Snap’ to personalize your Snap with your favorite Creative Tools. After converting your Snap to 3D, you can swipe left to add 3D Effects to photos and videos.
- When your Snap looks good to go, tap the button to share it on Snapchat! You can send it to Friends and Groups, add it to My Story, or submit it to Our Story.
Although Spectacles capture Snaps in HD, some Snaps may be added to My Story or Our Story in slightly lower quality to save you uploading time and cellular data.
After you edit a Snap, you can overwrite your original Snap or save a new one as a copy. Keep in mind: if you overwrite that Snap, you won’t be able to undo those edits!
Best of Spectacles
You can also submit your favorite moments to “Best of Spectacles” to share them with the world! Best of Spectacles works similarly to Our Story on Snapchat. Snaps you submit to Best of Spectacles can show up in Discover, on Snap Map, or even on third-party platforms — like @Spectacles on Instagram or on the jumbotron while you’re at a game!